Here are tips on how to care for your sweater to keep it as fresh as possible for as long as possible.
When cleaning sweaters it is important to read and follow the label with care.
- When machine washing and doubting the water temperature, choose a cold wash with detergent formulated for delicates.
- When hand washing your sweaters, avoid rubbing or wringing the sweater. Instead rinse thoroughly and roll the sweater in a towel pressing gently to remove the excess water. (Some washers offer a hand wash cycle).
- When drying a hand wash-only sweater it should be laid flat. However, a machine washable sweater may be dried on low heat. Be sure to check the care label.
- When washing a sweater it may loose its original shape. To avoid this at the very beginning of the process trace the sweater on a piece of paper. When done washing arrange the sweater to fit the outline, so it may dry back into shape.
- When in doubt let your Greenville dry cleaner help you out! If you have a sweater with a odor or stain, our dry cleaning professionals can help you assess the situation and restore your sweater back to formal glory.
Daily Care for Your Sweaters
Sweaters should be folded when storing and not hung. Hanging a sweater can stretch it out of shape. Watch the accessories, some dainty sweaters can be easily snagged by a rough necklace if not careful.
Storing Your Sweaters
Before storing your sweaters make sure to clean them thoroughly. Specific soils or stains can attract insects and ruin your sweater. Don’t iron your sweater before storing it. Ironing can cause heat stains that haven’t been removed. If stored away before removing them, they may never come out. Lastly, sweaters thrive when stored in a cool, dark, dry, well-ventilated area. This could be a cool closet, a chest, or under-the-bed storage box. Anything to help keep out damp air.
If you have any questions, contact us today for Greenville dry cleaning services!
How to Clean Holiday Sweaters